Leadership is an act as well as a process. It entails the setting of goals as well as their achievement. Hotel is an organizational structure with a comprehensive plan which allows hotel owners to define the activities and responsibilities of employees. It could also mean the best ways of channeling employees’ efforts towards productive end.
A good knowledge of organizational structure in hotels is very vital. It brings orders to every aspect of hotel operations – from front desk to human resources and accounting; it helps to measure the profitability of all departments; even as it guarantees efficiency.
The goal is to promote service efficiency, productivity and inter-personal relations via delegation of authority from the General Manager to( managers, supervisors and) departmental heads on day-to-day basis in hotel administration.
The objectives are:
- to describe the chain of authority and organization of activities in hotel business;
- to address internal and external matters affecting the attainment of set goals and objectives in the hotel business;
- to initiate strategic weekly meetings between departmental heads and their subordinates; and
- to create the right environment for staff and customers to relate in a friendly manner.
Who Should Attend
This highly recommended programme is designed for:
- senior managers;
- supervisors who wish to enhance their skills and capability in hotel management;
- Hotel Management and Structure (An Overview)
- the Organizational Structure of Hotels – Myths, Fictions and Facts;
- Components of Hotel Structure: Case Studies & Analysis
- Components of Hotels Structure and Management;
- Span of Control;
- Departmental Responsibilities;
- The functions of The Front Desk Office;
- Organizational Flow Charts; and
- Job Descriptions and Responsibilities Procedure in Hotels
- Leadership Styles and Followership Strategy
This programme is meant for three (3) days
This training programme will adopt team-teaching, discussion, case studies and analysis and workshop methods and special feature include treatise on leadership styles.
- Chika Emeh Jalat: He is a seasoned management consultant and a senior partner with Todinkem Consulting. He is a rarity in seminars.
- Uwadiunor Nkem Isaac: He is the Executive Director of Todinkem Consulting.
- Other Management staff of Todinkem Consulting.
Indicators of Achievement
The major indictors of achievement are:
- manager’s willingness to set goals and objectives for their departments;
- availability of strategic plan for each department;
- workable leadership development plan;
- effective delegation of power by managers;
- availability of business policies and procedure documents;
- effective communication;
- resources allocation; and
- effective reward systems.
- Standard Hotel Halls: à Directors, Senior partners and general managers,
- Rented Hall and Building: Managers, supervisors and related others
- Office Board Meeting Arena